Healthcare is in crisis: all new medicines need to undergo clinical trials to show they’re safe and effective. But today’s clinical trial infrastructure is stuck in the past, and the cost of developing new medicines has skyrocketed as a result. Patients have to wait longer and pay more for new treatments.
Our mission is to fix this; we use software to help innovative companies run faster, more reliable, and patient-friendly clinical trials. We’re still a young company, but we’ve already had a big impact. Since founding the company in March 2021 we’ve helped run over 70 clinical trials involving tens of thousands of patients, earning over $4m in revenue.
We raised a $6m seed round from some great investors including Firstminute and Seedcamp to power the next stage of our growth.
About the role
We’re looking for an Assay Specialist and Trial Lead to help us manage clinical trial procedures, help us achieve our mission, and have fun while doing it! We routinely collect a range of biomarkers for our clinical trials and the science and process behind this can make or break a trial. The Assay Specialist and Trial Lead will be the main person responsible for this across our trial portfolio.
This will consist of:
- Establish relationships with 3rd party vendors for collection of clinical trial endpoints (e.g., at home blood testing)
- Establish relationships with laboratories for processing of clinical trial samples
- Act as internal expert across trials on collection and processing of assays (and other biomarket
- Focus initially on the UK but also covers US and Germany (and other markets we may run trials in)
Trial and clinical operations
- Manage and support the day to day running of clinical trial programs and projects, ensuring that they delivered successfully (i.e., conduct trials on time, on budget, in compliance, and of high quality)
- Liaise between Lindus Health and the Sponsor to ensure project launch, conduct, and closeout
- Coordinate activities and deliverables of all project conduct partners and proactively identifies and manages issues
- Continuous feedback on our Citrus technology platform to improve our technology
You should have:
- High agency and a bias for action
- Experience coordinating assays with third party vendors or laboratories in the UK
- Understanding of different approaches to collecting biomarkers and their pros and cons
- Experience of working on clinical trials (this might be as part of university or medical degree)
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practice
- Previous start-up / biotech experience
- Experience coordinating assays in multiple geographies (e.g. the US and Germany)
Why join the Lindus Health team?
- Have an impact across all areas of our business and fix one of the world’s most broken industries
- Competitive salary, plus generous stock options
- Unlimited holidays; everyone is encouraged to take off at least 28 days each year
- Flexible office arrangement; open to remote role
- Regular team events; recently we've been to Legoland, a Bake Off competition, and a Millwall FC home game (decided by popular vote)
- Up to £1,000 per year towards courses and development
- A new laptop as your main workstation and up to £500 towards setting up your home office
- Employee benefits program including free Netflix and Spotify
- UK visa sponsorship if you’re not already eligible to work in the UK
Our interview process
- Initial interview with one of the Lindus Health founders to present the company mission and answer any of your questions (15-30 minutes)
- Second conversation with either our Medical Director or Director of Clinical Operations (30 minutes)
- Technical interview with members of the leadership team (45 minutes)
- Culture and values interview with 2 founding team members (45 minutes)
We try to arrange for at-least one interview to be in-person so you can see our office and meet more of the team.