Lindus Health and its affiliates, subsidiaries and related entities (“Lindus Health”, “we'', “our”) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of the personal data we collect about end customers and users of our services (“you/your”).
The purpose of this privacy notice is to explain what personal data we collect about you and how we use it.
Please read this privacy notice carefully as it provides important information about how we handle your personal information and your rights. If you have any questions about any aspect of this privacy notice you can contact us using the information provided below or by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal data we collect
- Names and contact details (email and phone number) of trial volunteers
- Information relating to our trial volunteers state of health and lifestyle. The data we collect will vary depending on the nature and requirements of the specific trial they have signed up to. For this reason, it is not possible to provide an exhaustive list, but some common examples of the data we might collect from volunteers would be information relating to:
- age range
- underlying health conditions
- previous medical treatment and procedures
- medication taken
- mental health
- smoking and alcohol consumption and alcohol consumption
- drug use
- Names and contact details (emails and phone numbers) of GPs, and staff at the Primary Care Groups (PCGs) we work with (we obtain some of this information from publicly available sources such as PCG websites and LinkedIn).
- Information provided to us when you complete the website form to sign up to our patient community. This includes:
- year of birth
- diagnosed medical conditions.
- Your name and email address when you use the Contact Us form on our website.
- Names and contact details (emails and phone numbers) of contacts at our suppliers.
- Name and contact details (emails and phone numbers) of contacts at our sponsors.
- Any other additional information you choose to provide during completion of the questionnaire.
- Additionally we may use anonymous usage data to improve the tools and services we offer.
Purposes for processing
Lindus may process your personal data for one or more of the following purposes:
- To pre-screen volunteers in order to assess whether they qualify for a trial.
- To facilitate the conduct of the trial.
- To email volunteers information about forthcoming trials that we believe may be of interest to them.
- To maintain and expand our patient community database.
- To keep in contact with our network of Health Partners, trial sponsors and suppliers.
- To improve our product and services.
- To respond to email and web contact form enquiries.
Lawful basis for which we processes your data
Where Lindus processes your personal data, we will do so under one of the following lawful bases:
- Consent: You have given us your consent to process the data for one or more specific purposes.
- Performance of a contract: the processing is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you or to take steps to enter into an agreement with you.
- Legal obligation: The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject
- Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party.
Where we need to use special categories of personal data, the lawful bases will be:
- GDPR Article 9(2)(i): processing is necessary for reasons of public interest in the area of public health, such as protecting against serious cross-border threats to health
- GDPR Article 9(2)(h): processing is necessary for the provision of health or social care or treatment or the management of health or social care systems and services
- GDPR Article 9(2)(a): explicit consent
- Data Protection Act Schedule 1 Part 1 (3): public health.
We will provide you with a notice specifying which lawful basis we are relying on at the point we collect your personal data. Where we are relying on legitimate interests to process your personal data, the notice will also state what that legitimate interest is.
Sharing your data
By completing the pre-screener for one of our trials, you consent to your personal data being shared with the trial site and Sponsor and/or the contracted provider working on the trial.
We will only share (‘share’ includes making available remotely) personal data with third parties outside of the UK where:
- the transfer is to a country (or an international organisation) that the UK government has determined ensures an adequate level of protection;
- an International Data Transfer Agreement or Addendum, adopted by the UK government, has been put in place between Lindus Health and the entity located outside the UK;
- binding corporate rules have been implemented, where applicable; or
- where the transfer is otherwise permitted by law.
By completing the pre-screen signup process, you accept that Lindus Health will transfer your personal data outside of the UK where necessary.
How long we keep your data
We will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to provide you with our services and for a reasonable period thereafter to enable us to meet our contractual and legal obligations and to deal with complaints and claims.
At the end of the retention period, your personal data will be securely deleted or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data, so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
Your rights and options
You have the following rights in respect of your personal data:
- You have the right of access to your personal data and can request copies of it and information about our processing of it.
- If the personal data we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can ask us to rectify or add to it.
- Where we are using your personal data with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Where we are using your personal information because it is in our legitimate interests to do so, you can object to us using it this way.
- Where we are using your personal data for direct marketing, including profiling for direct marketing purposes, you can object to us doing so.
- You can ask us to restrict the use of your personal data if:
- It is not accurate.
- It has been used unlawfully but you do not want us to delete it.
- We do not need it any-more, but you want us to keep it for use in legal claims; or
- if you have already asked us to stop using your data but you are waiting to receive confirmation from us as to whether we can comply with your request.
- In some circumstances you can compel us to erase your personal data and request a machine-readable copy of your personal data to transfer to another service provider.
- You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling) that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
- In some circumstances, you may be entitled to obtain your personal data in a format that makes it easier to reuse your information in another context, and to transmit this data to another data controller of your choosing without hindrance. This is referred to as the right to data portability.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
If you wish to exercise your rights, please contact us at email@example.com
You can also lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. They can be contacted using the information provided at:
If you have any questions, or wish to exercise any of your rights, then you can contact:
The Leather Market Weston Street
Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this privacy notice
We may update this notice (and any supplemental privacy notice), from time to time as shown below. We will notify you of the changes where required by applicable law to do so.